Tiara Lestari's For Women Only


Friday, October 28, 2005

First dinner with my man and electricity


This is a posting based on suggestion from Farah. Thank you Ms. scarce daisy!

Well, this is a story about how I met my boyfriend. I was visiting a good friend of mine in the golf driving range one day. He's an old friend and I haven't seen him for a while. He was with a few friends (all boys:) so we end up having some drinks at the clubhouse. One of his friends is this guy who liked to talk. Friendly. But I didn't think anything of it. At all. He asked for my number and I gave it to him. I was surprise I did that due to the fact that at that time I was actually in a relationship with someone else.

For some reason I expected him to call me right away,but he didn't! That actually bothered me and till this day I still don't know why. Three days went by until he finally called me and asked me to go to dinner with him. I said yes. Right away.

This is where the weird part started to happened. He called me again in the afternoon to confirm the dinner while I was at starbucks having some coffee with a friend. I have no idea why.. but after that short phone call, I was a nervous wreck! I was physically shaking from thinking about this dinner I am about to have with this guy. It's nuts! First I don't really know him, and second, I actually have a boyfriend.

I rushed to my apartment, took a shower and my nerve got the best of me to a point I called him and asked if we can move back our dinner one hour from the original time. Hell I was even hoping he'd cancel because I was having this crazy experience I've never had before...being nervous before meeting I guy I hardly knew! Within that extra hour, I manage to change clothes five to six times. Walk around my apartment. Oh and I did my share of talking to myself. When I finally went to my car, I actually came back out to change clothes one more time! It's nuts.

I decided to wear something casual with the glimmer of hope of showing him that for me, it was only a simple dinner. No big deal. Yeah yeah yeah.. You got it. I was trying to act cool.

We've decided to meet at this great Thai Restaurant. As I walked into the restaurant, my heart beats so fast I felt like I was doing a 100 meters sprint in the Olympics. I felt like I had to stop every two step to catch my breath. As much as I was trying to act cool.. I couldn't really hide my emotional reaction I was having with this stupid dinner. At times, I actually felt dumb and not understanding what made me felt like this way.

Dinner was great. No I am lying. We hardly ate our food. We talked. Talked. And Talked. And oh my God... the wholetime I was thinking to myself there is no logic for me to be this nervous and at the same time I felt guilty because of my current relationship. But I cannot stop this emotional outpouring I was experiencing.. this is not a felling I've ever experienced before. Let alone with a guy I just met.

Have you ever met a man that you just "know" that there is so something special about him? Like the way he talks to you? Or the sound of his voice? So when you're just there.. listening intently to him.. to his voice..and suddenly, everything just so clear to you. Suddenly everything that is important to you is sitting right there in front of you? And nothing else matter? Close your eyes and remember how that felt?

Well girls..that's how I felt that night. And nothing can stop that feeling.

I came home that night feeling tired. Worst of all, I can't stop thinking about him and actually did not sleep at all that night. I couldn't keep him out of my mind. What a night. And we just had dinner.. that's it.

Tiara

12 Comments:

  • Hi Tiara!
    My name is Dina. I come from Indonesia, too but currently live in Germany.
    I enjoy reading your journal, since you share your thought and everything here. Therefore, I'm gonna be a regular visitor here ;) Now, if I may ask you, do you believe in sex before married and living together?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

  • It seems that everybody on your page is geeting out of topic. Hehe.. Including on your personal journal ;)

    About your topic. I totally understand and my experience might be similar with yours.. But its a long story.. The point is i met that man. But in my experience, it became so special when the conversations between couples is so click to each other and they just cant stop. I wasn't a dinner, just a phone convesations. Let's say.. from 8 pm to 1 am?? Hehehe.. Yet we were not too close back then. He was my old friend from school, but we never talked much at school. The conversations happened after we graduated.

    The topic about premarital sex and live together with your bf/gf also interessed me.. What's in your mind about it, Tiara? Thanks.

    Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 AM  

  • HI Dina and Lucia!I am so glad to see you guys both being here. If you have ideas or suggestions on topics, email me ok?

    On your question, I don't live together with my current boyfriend. I do believe in personal choice. I respect anyone's choice in this matter.

    Tiara

    By Blogger TiaraLestari, at 3:46 PM  

  • Kamu memang perempuan hebat!! Hehehe... that was a very 'tricky' question, i must say. But you're the woman! :D
    I agree with your answer.. hehehe Everything in this world is basically a personal choice, especially about those questions..

    Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM  

  • man and electricity... i had that a lot and liked it a lot! maan, i was easy... :) and easily bored too... but then i met this guy who makes spark in my heart and my head(but 1000 times harder) and super peaceful feeling at the same time, it was like the last piece of puzzle has been found... I knew that he will be my man only by the 2nd date we went out together, and somehow now we are married... :) We are together for about 3 years (pacaran and marriage in total), and still, I have the same tingling feeling as I had on the first date we had everytime i look at him...

    Makes me realize what a wonderful place this world is created to be.. Right, Tiara? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger DD, at 3:03 PM  

  • your comment for dina ,it's just like a miss world answering the judges ......sae sanget meniko

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

  • Halo tiara, this is the first time i read your blog. My experience isn't the same with you. I met the man i love after i became his friend for more than 3 years. We just said 'hi' and 'how are u' before that,until one day, i sat down beside him. We start to talk about someone we didn't like (not gossip), then i realized that this guy had a beautiful eyes, and he was very nice to talk to. Since then, i had those tingling feeling ev'time i met him :-)
    Well, we are still together. Love, is the best thing in human life. Dont forget to thank God for this miracle He had given for us

    By Blogger shanin's mom, at 5:00 PM  

  • of course he didn't call right away, or he would appear to be too eager or desperate. best to wait a couple/few days before calling.

    and about this site being only for girls, if you keep putting up pictures like nov 9, there are going to be guys here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • Hi, nice blog for a pretty gul.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

  • WOW, girl...
    dis story was soo me..
    haha!!
    yea, am still 22..
    but so wad?
    dat dont matter, ait?
    i have d same story!!
    exactly d same..
    i even met him on a club!
    tot it was juz a fling..
    hehe..funny, uh?

    By Blogger Nadherna Indonezia, at 1:25 PM  

  • I really enjoy reading your journal, Tiara. Keep writing and updating this blog, girl :)

    By Blogger Sudiyanti, at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
--- Tiara is an official Associates of Free-Banners.com. Start driving insane traffic to your website. Click here ---